<$BlogRSDUrl$>
analyze
this

So it begins again.

9.05.2006
It's one of those things that everyone tries desperately to do: impress other people. I'm just as guilty of this as we all are--but at the same time I'm quickly starting to realize that there are so many more important things in life than the petty stuff.

Labor Day has come and gone and thus begins my final semester as a student. It's kind of scary when I think about it, however I'm glad to be leaving. I need to move on with my life and get to the point where I don't have to focus on things that I know won't ultimately impact the rest of my life. I know a lot of people are wondering where I'm going with all of this. To be totally honest, I don't even really know. I'm just writing because it gets my thoughts out. I've been struggling a lot lately with several different aspects of my life and I'm a bit frustrated that things are stuck in the same loop all the time at this campus. I would love to see some kind of overwhelming unity just sweep this city. It needs it--there's too much hostility and general negativity that consumes Pittsburgh and everyone in it. Maybe a giant weather bubble so that the crappy weather can't take over like it always does this time of year...and into the end of May.

I have so many ideas on how this city could be one of the most safe and pleasant cities in the country but I feel like 75% of the time nobody wants to do anything about it. Crackheads and crooked politicians are everywhere and I wish something would just be done about it already. I understand every city has these problems but these are things that could easily be fixed if the city would just start leveling the desolated buildings that house drifters and heroin addicts, replacing them with mid-sized apartment complexes or more things for people to do. A movie theater or a decent club in Oakland would be clutch. We don't need more coffee shops. We don't need more trendy clothing stores.

We need options. Because let's be honest here...we don't have many.

Once things calm down for me I'm going to really start investigating my options with the restaurant. I've been talking to a lot of people about it and everyone I talk to has said that they would love to help me out with it. Talk about something that could potentially unite an entire city.

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to get everything checked out. To be perfectly honest, I'm terrified. I've not really been thinking about it because everytime I do, I worry. I've been pretty strong about the whole situation---cancer does run in my family, unfortunately. I know eventually I'll be alright no matter what happens...I have my faith, my family, a loving and understanding girlfriend, and all of my friends and brothers. Without all of you guys I don't know where I would be. I can't thank you all enough. But I'll keep trying. :)

All I ask is one simple favor. Please keep my family and I in your prayers.
12:09 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

ryan :: permalink